|In today's show we talk about all things
OpenSocial with Ryan
Baxter of IBM and Mikkel
Heisterberg of IntraVision.
We talk about:
here are some links to a few of the things we discussed in the podcast:
OpenSocial website, the
OpenSocial sandbox, and Ryan's
- What is OpenSocial? How did it
- How is IBM involved? How can I
- How is IBM leveraging OpenSocial?
- What is Apache Shindig and how is it
connected to OpenSocial?
- What are the advantages to building
OpenSocial gadgets over existing technologies? Will I be able to
- How do I get started building gadgets?
- What about the community? Is there
a community built around OpenSocial, should the ICS community become involved?
- How can we also leverage the OpenNTF
- Where else can I leverage OpenSocial
outside of embedded experiences?
- What other companies are involved in
- What does IBM need from the ICS community
when it comes to OpenSocial?
Lotusphere 2012 Social App Throwdown video.
This episode runs 43:12.
|We had the pleasure of interviewing IBM
Collaboration Solutions General Manager Alistair Rennie (Twitter),
where we talked about:
podcast runs 24:06 and is best listened to while eating one or more pretzel
- Lotusphere! Specifically, the evolution
of Lotus/IBM products we saw demonstrated there last week.
- What's driving improvements in the Notes/Domino
platform for 2012.
- Why is "social" so important
to businesses right now? What has changed in the past few years to make
- Are traditional desktop applications
going away, in favor of mobile and web initiatives?
- What kind of feedback and takeaways
did Alistair get from Lotusphere?
- And more...
|Today we spoke with Joyce Davis and Colleen
Burns from IBM about the upcoming Lotusphere 2012 and Connect events being
held in beautiful sunny Orlando, Florida NEXT week!
We would like to thank Ken
"MacOSKen" Ray for
the new Taking Notes intro that he graciously produced for us. Ken produces
three outstanding Apple focussed podcasts including:
can also hear Ken on MacBreak
Weekly with Leo Laporte on
We also suggest you follow Ken on Twitter at @macosken.
you all at Lotusphere in a few days. Oh, and we will be recording several
live shows from Orlando.
This show runs 26:56 and goes quite well with a glass of pinot.